I have arrived in sunny Florida!
It was one heck of a ride. From Utah, it took about 34 hours, 8 gas pumps, two over night stays, and 2, 297 miles.
View Larger Map
Some people hate road trips, but I really enjoy them! There is something about driving across the United States and seeing what all the other parts look like that really make it enjoyable and make me proud of such a beautiful country!
Of course, after driving for so long, you do tend to do some weird things to keep yourself entertained:
By the way, country roads do not have 3G networks, I figured that out when I could not listen to Pandora outside of the cities. Crazy I know!
So if you are road tripping it to Disney, or anywhere else for that matter, I recommend:
- Packing the night before and putting everything in to your car, it will make leaving less stressful, just leave out your essentials that you need until the morning you leave.
- Leave early in the morning, you’ll get so much more distance put behind you!
- Pack up a lot of treats in your vehicle. I packed granola bars, dried fruit, and trail mix. Whenever I was hungry, I had something pretty good to snack on and it allowed me to only have to stop once for food.
- Fill up way before you think you need too, the last thing you want is to be stranded out in the middle of no where with no gas.
- Pack lightly, honestly, unless you are going to Orlando to live, forever, you just need a few essentials, do not bring every single dinky thing you own, it is just going to take up space.
- Have a lot of good music or audio books ready to go . . . the road can get boring sometimes.
- Stop and rest when you need to, do not keep pushing. You will regret it.
- Use the time to focus on how awesome Disney is going to be!